Fairfax to Zero
Fairfax to Zero is an ambitious effort to promote advocacy priorities and local policies that will reduce greenhouse gases emitted in the county, reaching carbon neutrality by 2050, if not sooner.
Social Media Toolkit
The social media toolkit is a helpful resource to help guide individuals and/or groups of people who care about the planet to take faith-based action. The toolkit currently has four advocacy priorities outlined with key takeaways, tactics, and digital assets (graphics + a video) along with sample messaging so that we can unify and amplify our voices.
Want the nitty gritty? Read about all of our 2021 Advocacy Priorities in our comprehensive e-book.
All of our 2021 Fairfax to Zero Advocacy Priorities:
- Decreasing the Energy Burden for Low-Income Housing
- Reducing the Waste Stream
- Protecting and Increasing Our Tree Canopy
- Modernizing Our Building Codes
- Transitioning to Clean and Equitable Transportation
- Accelerating EV Adoption
- Converting to Electric School Buses
- Attaining Net-Zero Schools
- Creating a Strong Climate Resilience Plan
- Establishing a Green Bank
- Breaking Down Barriers to Small-Scale Solar
- See our community partner page for more information.
- Read about Faith Communities that support FACS.
- FACS is committed to inclusivity in our movement. Read our statement here.
How can YOU help? Join an advocacy team.
FACS organizes Advocacy Teams in Fairfax County, Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria. FACS convenes monthly advocacy webinars to share information and updates related to our advocacy. Interested in learning more? Read our Advocacy Team Member Role Description. If you’d like to join an advocacy team, email email@example.com and we will connect you with a team leader.
Faith Alliance for Climate Solutions is a 501(c)(3) organization, and does not engage in partisan activities. We do not work for or against specific candidates or parties. All are welcome at the table.